List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: ODS RTF :HOW TO APPEND ?
From:       Georgia Laxton <Georgia.Laxton () AUSTIN ! PPDI ! COM>
Date:       2000-10-31 22:21:10

MS Word counts the number of open and closed brackets {} in the rtf file
and, when they become equal it stops because it thinks that is the end of
the file.  You have opened and closed ODS RTF twice, therefore, Word ignores
the second part of the file.  I have found that I don't need to do the mod.
I simply open rtf, run all my Proc Reports (what I am using) and close rtf
when I am done.  I would think that Proc Print would work the same way but I
have not tried it.  Hope this helps.
"The truth is out there",
Georgia

Victor Kamensky wrote:

> Hi,SAS-L-ers!
> The problem can be a MS WORD problem, but it has SAS origin.
> I am trying to append RTF file from ODS(8.1, Win98).
> The program works fine, and really appends RTF file(I checked manually),
> but after opening it in MS  Word I can see only
> 1 page,i.e. NUMBER=1.
> What's wrong?
> Victor Kamensky
> Programmer
> Albert Einstein College of Medicine
> 37473  title "odsmod.sas" ;
> 37474  DATA TEST;
> 37475    length TEST $ 5;
> 37476    TEST='TEST';
> 37477    do number=1 to 2;
> 37478     output;
> 37479    end;
> 37480  run;
>
> NOTE: The data set WORK.TEST has 2 observations and 2 variables.
> NOTE: DATA statement used:
>        real time           0.00 seconds
>
> 37481  Filename WORD 'c:\SASTEST\TEST.RTF' ;
> 37482  ods rtf BODY=word ;
> NOTE: Writing RTF Body file: WORD
> 37483   proc print data=TEST;where number=1;run;
>
> NOTE: There were 1 observations read from the data set WORK.TEST.
>        WHERE number=1;
> NOTE: PROCEDURE PRINT used:
>        real time           0.06 seconds
>
> 37484  ods rtf  close;
> 37485
> 37486  Filename WORD 'c:\SASTEST\TEST.RTF' mod;
> 37487  ods rtf BODY=word ;
> NOTE: Writing RTF Body file: WORD
> 37488  proc print data=TEST;where number=2;run;
>
> NOTE: There were 1 observations read from the data set WORK.TEST.
>        WHERE number=2;
> NOTE: PROCEDURE PRINT used:
>        real time           0.00 seconds
>
> 37489  ods rtf  close;

This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email
messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or a person
responsible for delivering this transmission to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and
that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use of this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone
or return email and delete the original transmission and its attachments
without reading or saving in any manner.