List:       sas-l
Subject:    nlp vs nlmixed
From:       tin-shun-jimmy chan <jimmy.chan () HEC ! CA>
Date:       2002-10-31 16:02:21

Helle sas experts,

I have several questions about the procedure nlmixed.

1) Is there a different between nlmixed and nlp when I am maximizing a
nonlinear likelihood function.

2) When I use nlmixed, do the results change if I don't mention the
options like maxiter= , maxfunc= , tech= , update= ? (The question is
that I don't know which method do I have to use for each option, so I
just simply ignore them.)

Thank you !

Jimmy