List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: SPAM forcing unsubscription
From:       MICHAEL CLANTON <MICHAEL.CLANTON () USDA ! GOV>
Date:       2003-03-31 17:19:00

Some of the other listservers force subscription before allowing a post . . .

seems to cut down on the SPAM on those . . . .

>>> SAS(r) Discussion 3/31/03 10:59:29 AM >>>
There's a problem with the spam on the list that some of you may not have
considered:  a lot of it is pornographic, and violates many companies'
policies about sexual harassment and/or appropriate use of computer
equipment.  This weekend one of the digests was so bad that IT management
has asked me to unsubscribe.  (The system scores incoming e-mail for
inappropriate content; anything over 30 gets blocked.  They'd never seen
anything over 80 before, until this digest, which scored nearly 200.)

Yes, I can continue to post via the web -- but I can no longer get e-mails
or digests at work, making it much harder to contribute in a timely
fashion.  I'm sure my company is not the only one with such policies, and
from what I can tell these policies are becoming more and more common.

Joe Kelley, are you out there?  HELP!

Steve Albert
Director of Biostatistics
Spectrum Pharmaceutical Research