List:       sas-l
Subject:    Writing interface for user input --HELP!!
From:       Paula Sims <paula_sims00 () HOTMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2003-01-31 23:46:25

Hello everyone,
You have come through for me before and I hope that you will be able to
help me again.

My boss came up to me the other day and asked me to re-write a program
so that the average user can input some information (effective date,
type of analysis), and the program would run. Unfortunately, this has to
be done in the mainframe.

After asking around, some have suggested CLISTs and others have
suggested the "%WINDOW route". I can steal someone's CLIST code from
work but I don't know anything about %WINDOW and don't know anyone who
does. I'm looking for specific examples (interpret: I don't know what
I'm doing and can't be trusted to think for myself). In some cases the
answers required would be a choice of A or B, and in other cases, actual
fre-form info (like e-mail address) would be required.

Any and all help would be greatfully appreciated.

--
Paula Sims
paula_sims00@hotmail.com