List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: SAS Load problem - Please help
From:       Prasad Ravi <prasad.s.ravi () HOUSEHOLD ! COM>
Date:       2002-07-31 16:36:25

         Through in a DSD option before MISSOVER, that should take care of
it.

Prasad Ravi

                        ashfaaq                To:    SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
                        <ashfaaq@YAHOO.CO      cc:
                        M>                     Subject:    SAS Load problem - Please help
                        Sent by: "SAS(r)
                        Discussion"
                        <SAS-L@LISTSERV.U
                        GA.EDU>

                        07/31/2002 09:23
                        AM
                        Please respond to
                        ashfaaq

I have a dataset with missing values...my problem is that the missing
values do not appear as missing values "."(default). I use the
missover option but I still have the same problem.

For example: I have 50 Observations and 5 variables. The below code
outputs 50 obs and 5 variables but the missing values do not appear so
the values from the next column is put in place of the missing values
in the previous column.

this is my code:

data newdata;
infile "c:\newdata1.TXT" dlm="," missover LRECL=25;
input           x1
                x2 $
                x3 $
                x4 $