List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: oracle to sas resource problem
From:       Mauro Morandin <mauro.morandin () MATRIX-ONLINE ! IT>
Date:       2001-03-30 21:17:04

Hi Niels,

if you ask help on problems like this you should also include the SAS log,
otherwise we can only guess what might have happened to your SAS session.

I would test the "tables" macro variable and look what's inside.

Then I would run the program in interactive mode and see if it works.

Then I would take the
X setenv ORACLE_SID oracle;
out of the program. Place it in the shell program which invokes SAS.

It might well be that the X command doesn't work correctly in batch mode if
the process is launched from a scheduler.... because .... look at the log.

ciao
mauro.

--
mauro morandin