List:       sas-l
Subject:    Quake!!! Panic in the streets!
From:       Dale McLerran <dmclerra () MY-DEJA ! COM>
Date:       2001-02-28 21:42:15

Dateline: Seattle, February 28

The scene here in Seattle is one of major damage, with many
injuries reported.  Police are out in force to restore order and
to prevent looting.

Oh, wait, the panic in the streets was last night.  The quake had
nothing to do with it.  It was Mardi Gras which caused the trouble
in the streets.  Seattle is OK.

Dale

p.s. I trust that all of the people that I call friend on this
list will allow this bit of off-topic humor.  Just had to make
light of the way that news coverage of these things gets bent out
of proportion.

take it

Dale McLerran
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center