List:       sas-l
Subject:    webAF JSP gchart
From:       Blink <jmoncho () IPROLINK ! CH>
Date:       2001-02-28 21:24:19

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to retrieve a gchart using Java Server Pages? I
have my procedure in a string that I submit to SAS, but I don't know
how to return the chart. Here's a bit of the sample code:

<%
        String Syntax = "goptions device=gif;";

    // Setup the connection to SAS
        Rocf rocf = new Rocf();
        Connection connection = new Connection();
        connection.setHost("localhost");

        try {
        String MyFact= request.getParameter("Num");

        SubmitInterface si = (SubmitInterface)
rocf.newInstance(SubmitInterface.class, connection);

        String Libname = "libname WFact" + MyFact + " 'D:\\Data
Warehouse\\Wfact Data\\compressed\\" + MyFact + "';run;";
        si.setProgramText(Libname);

        si.setProgramText(Syntax);

        Syntax = "title 'Hello';proc gchart data=Wfact59.Fdiv; vbar
HedonicResult / discrete; run;";
        si.setProgramText(Syntax);

 %>
... //

Now the proc is sent, but I don't know how to retrieve the chart. Is
there a bean that can be used for that effect? Does anyone have an
example?

Thank you all in advance,

Jeremy