List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: Y2K stuff
From:       "Robert Andrew Bowell Jr." <bowell () NBCS ! RUTGERS ! EDU>
Date:       1999-06-30 19:54:58

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, GORRELP1 wrote:

> Using a Y2K compliant system like 6.12 is only one part of making sure
> that your SAS programs and SAS datasets are Y2K compliant.

        Ah.  So one must go through the entire list of possible bugs, and
see if they apply to your setting?  How is it then possible to publicize
to your user community what to and not to do?  They can't very well be
asked to read the entire list of possible problems on the web.  It seems
like a lot of the problems can be solved simply by saying, "Use
YEARCUTOFF=" and "Use four digit dates".

> Take a look at TS-584 at:
> http://www.sas.com/techsup/download/technote/ts584.html
>
> and TS-597 at: (same as above)/ts597.html
>
> TS-584 is on general Y2K compliance issues, and TS597 is on the YEARCUTOFF
> option.

        I will look at both of these.  Thank you.

        Y'obt.,
                Rob Bowell