List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: SAS and notifying via email of job completion
From:       Bigpond <tchur () BIGPOND ! COM>
Date:       1999-01-31 20:10:08

>>NT4 running SAS jobs - which are scheduled to run using the AT scheduler.
>>If you run the jobs on the server then SAS itself will compose an email
(if
>>you enter the correct commands) - if you run the same jobs with the same
>>commands using AT scheduler - the mail message is not carried out? any
ideas
>>why not.

As Andreas Grueninger points out, the standard Win NT scheduler is somewhat
deficient. We use NTcrond V3.0m instead. This excellent product is
inexpensive (US$99 per server), runs jobs with any user's security context
and even has a built-in SMTP email notification facility which can email you
with the return code or results of your job. See http://www.ifdef.com for
details.

Tim Churches