List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: CENSUS 2000: The real Y2K Problem
From:       Zeke Torres <sas_aholic () YAHOO ! COM>
Date:       1999-01-30 1:15:17

I used my abacus beads as ammunition for my sling shot.

Might I add that the impact or 'OUCH' factor was equal on either color
bead(s).  I am running a SAS job on determining if this TOPIC will
propogate any more.
Still running... running... running... running.. running...

Ya'll just have a good weekend.

thanks,
zeke.

---Peter Crawford  wrote:

> Hey,
>
> all you with the abacus
>
> have you worked out how to do
>
> square roots on it
>
> yet
>

> In article <917641331.2127451.0@vm121.akh-wien.ac.at>, Frank Schiffel
> <SchifF@MAIL.HEALTH.STATE.MO.US> writes
> >what's your bead price? we're paying $5K for the black beads and
$1K for the
> > white ones. of course, you'll have to specify which platform you
have your
> > beads on and what version of beads you're using.
> >
> >by the way, do you have the graphing software for this?
> >
> >thanks.
> >
> >Frank Schiffel
> >Research Analyst III
> >Bureau of Health Resource Statistics
> >State Center for Health Statistics
> >920 Wildwood Drive
> >PO Box 570
> >Jefferson City Missouri 65102-0570
> >(573)  751-6279
> >FAX (573) 526-4102
> >
> >visit our website at: http://www.health.state.mo.us/

> >Alfred,
> >
> >You are arguing a losing battle.  Everyone knows that the original
framers
> >intended that the census be constituted of an exact head-count
taken from
> >horseback and recorded on parchment.  I think we should be fighting
for SAS
> >to be ported to the abacus so we can fulfill both the letter and
the intent
> >of the (US) constitution in this matter.
> >
> >John
> >

> >"Barron, Alfred [PRI]" <ABARRON@PRIUS.JNJ.COM> on 01/28/99 12:07:54
PM