List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: DOS Copy Command in NT
From:       "Andrew J. L. Cary" <ajlcary () CARYCONSULTING ! COM>
Date:       1998-06-30 20:47:11

Hmm.
The command works fine for me, both inside and outside SAS.
Win NT Workstation 4.0 & SAS 6.11.

Have you looked at 'fileone.txt' with a hex viewer? My bet is that
whatever editor produced fileone.txt stuck the '1A'x  in there. The
copy command is a straight bit for bit copy unless one of the options
is set.
Andrew J.L. Cary
Chief Curmudgeon
Cary Consulting Systems