List:       sas-l
Subject:    hardware fonts and CGM
From:       Tracy Clark <Tracy.Clark () ASU ! EDU>
Date:       1998-06-30 21:16:31

I created the CGM for office 97 drivers just like it says in TS252x. They
work fine for some graphs using hardware fonts but not others. The problem
comes with a y axis label '% change' sas does not allow enough space and
the g in change overlaps the topmost of the tickmark labels. In the log sas
says
         WARNING: Font Helvetic could not be found.
         Font SIMPLEX substituted for font Helvetic.
I think that simplex being substituted for the hardware Helvetica is the
problem and that it is just not allowing enough space. The graph is
generated with the hardware font but sas appears to be calculating sizes
with simplex.

Has anyone else run across this or have any idea how to fix it.

 Tracy Clark, Associate Director and Sr. Research Economist
 College of Business, Arizona State University
 Tempe, AZ 85287-4406   U.S.A.
 Voice: 602-965-5543    Fax: 602-965-5458    Email:  Tracy.Clark@asu.edu