List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: Compiled macros
From:       William Murphy <wcmurphy1 () YAHOO ! COM>
Date:       1998-06-30 19:43:26

---lex jansen  wrote:

> I have some macros stored using the Stored Compiled Macro Facility
on a
> Windows NT system.  There is no problem when only one user accesses
the
> catalog
> at a time.  But if someone has a SAS session going and has accessed
the
> catalog, the other users are locked out.  Is there a way to allow for
> multiple users to access the catalog simultaneously?
>
> Lex Jansen
> The Netherlands

The library where the macros are stored must be opened as read-only by
everyone who is accessing them.   The libnames should be like

libname SAMPLE   'drive:directory' ACCESS=readonly;

If so much as one person opens the macros library without this option,
everyone else will be locked out.

Bill Murphy
RCIPA