List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: ?How to put filename into printed output
From:       Anthony Ayiomamitis <ayiomamitis () IBM ! NET>
Date:       1997-08-31 12:43:22

Ludger Hinners wrote:

> Type: Question
> Plattform: Win 95
> SAS version: 6.11
>
> Hi, SASlers!
>
> I have also a question concerning filename discussed here this week.
>
> If I print the program in program editor I would like that the name and teh
> path of the file (par example "d:\mywork\test1.sas") appears on the
> printout, as a header or footnote or in the top line.
> Is there a possibility?

Ludger,

    You can output the filename using the SYMPUT function and then use

the macro variable within a title/footnote statement by referencing the

macro variable as an &var within double quotes.

data sample;

     length filename $20;

     infile 'c:\autoexec.bat' filename=filename;

     input line $char80.;

     call symput ('filename', filename);

run;

proc print data=sample;