List:       sas-l
Subject:    Screen flashing when using the "X" command
From:       "John R. Lucker" <JohnLucker () HOME ! COM>
Date:       1997-08-30 11:16:29

Whenever I execute the "X" command from within SAS for Windows 95 with
the NOXWAIT option specified, the screen flashes.  This is a
problem because I have developed an external report request menu
system written in the WINBATCH language.  The intent is to allow a
user to request a report, have WINBATCH spawn off a SAS job to run
the report while allowing the user to continue to use the menu for
requesting additional reports.

But the menu is difficult to use while a report is running because
each time SAS encounters an "X" command, the screen flashes to the
DOS shell that is spawned by the "X" command.

I called up SAS and they said there is nothing they can do about it
but they have had numerous calls about the same problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent this problematic
screen flashing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John Lucker