List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: Books on JCL
From:       Peter Crawford <Peter () CRAWFORDSOFTWARE ! DEMON ! CO ! UK>
Date:       1997-05-31 18:28:35

In article <199705301333.GAA00592@f61.hotmail.com>, Cybie Frontier
<cybie@HOTMAIL.COM> writes
>Hello:
>
>I am migrating from PC SAS to SAS on MVS and I was wondering if you could
>suggest me some books that discusses JCL for beginners and then moves on to
give
>some details of JCL usage. I don't know much JCL, just get by using some set
>JCLs written by other programmers.
>
>Thank you
>
>Cybie

I almost don't believe it !

  PC   --->   MAINFRAME

I've spent the last eight years doing the opposite !

What is happening ?
It can't be the luddites !

Sorry, it's so long since I started using JCL, I haven't been on the
lookout for "JCL for newbies".
IBM manuals are just as friendly as (n)ever !
Apart from the local specifics, JCL can be so straight forward,
I could write a short summary !

It would be really interesting to hear the circumstances which lead
to PC-SAS sized applications being up-sized to the mainframe!

Please explain!

--
Peter Crawford                 Peter@crawfordsoftware.demon.co.uk