List:       sas-l
Subject:    Help!!! Trouble opening Excel file using DDE and Windows95
From:       MHS <mswann () PLUTO ! NJCC ! COM>
Date:       1996-06-29 0:28:15

Hi,
    I'm experiencing a problem trying to write to Excel 7.0 in Windows95.
 I'm using version 8 of SAS at home where I have the Win95 and SAS version
10 at work where I do not have Win95.  There, I am using Excel 5.0.

    My problem is that while at work I can use DDE to
1.  Start Excel
2.  Open a specific file in Excel
3.  Save that file
    all using V10 of SAS and V5 of Excel.

At home the code is not executing step 2, opening a specific file,

therefore, I never get to write to the Excel file.  Does the problem lie
in the newer version of Excel I am using at home, or with the older
version of SAS??? Also, someone mentioned it might be to do with Visual
Basic properties of Excel 7.0.

PLEASE help.  I'm under a critical deadline, and it would greatly help if
I could
program from home (using the Win95 and SAS v8) this weekend.

Thanks,
Myles Swann