List:       sas-l
Subject:    Polytomous regression
From:       Dale McLerran <dmclerra () CCLINK ! FHCRC ! ORG>
Date:       1996-02-10 0:34:55

Help!  Does anyone know how to fit a polytomous regression model in a
nonlinear regression.  I have both nominal and ordinal responses.  It
seems that it should be possible, but I am stumped in trying to figure
out how to do it.  Any help would be appreciated.  Any code would be
even better, but that is probably asking for too much as there are
procedures for fitting polytomous regression models already.

The reason why I would like to fit the polytomous regression in a
nonlinear regression is that then I could take advantage of some
software which allows random effect specification in nonlinear regression
models.  If anyone knows of software which allows for specification of
random effects for a polytomous response, I would certainly be interested
in that as well!

Thanks!