List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    Re: Please help me with unicode problem
From:       Daniel Dittmar <daniel () dittmar ! net>
Date:       2007-02-14 8:09:32

À̹οì wrote:
> I use python interface module, and I use that very well.
> But I have a problem when I excute insert command.
> There are some Korean in that query sentence.
> After I excuted that command, the characters was not shown normaly.
> I tried many times to find what's the problem.
> I concluded that the characters was converted to latin.
> It's like unicode(str,'latin-1').
> But I need unicode(str,'euc-kr').

There is no way to automatically use a different encoding when inserting
ordinary (= non unicode) Python strings into unicode columns.

You could wrap the insert statement:

class Encoder:
    def __init__ (self, prepared):
        self.prepared = prepared

    def execute (self, args):
        converted = []
        for value in args:
            if type (value) == type (''):
                value = unicode(str,'euc-kr')
            converted.append (value)
        self.prepared.execute (converted)

use as
prepared = Encoder (session.prepare ('...'))
prepared.execute ([...])

Daniel