List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    RE: problem during installation DB instance on SAP ERP 2005
From:       "Döhr,_Markus_ICC-H"
Date:       2007-02-12 20:51:13

Hey Luca,

> ERP installation is on italian university.We faced lots of
> problem (above all financial problem) so we need to use a
> open source solution (if it's possible).

I see - ok...

> I know that SLES and Red Hat are support officially form SAP,
> but I know also that CentOS 4.0 is a clone of RHAS 4.0
> In fact the prerequisite checker ( a SAP tool to verify the
> system before launch installation)
> marks only two warnings: (kernel version we have  and glibc
> package) not errors. See attachments

Those are the most critical parts of the Linux distribution ;) For SAP
systems one may only use very specific versions of kernel and glibc.

> Have you read log file that i've attached in my previous mail?

There was nothing attached, apparently the mailinglist does not send
attachments through.

Send them via PM, I'll have a look at it.

Greetz,

SIEGENIA-AUBI KG
Informationswesen

i.A.