List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    RE: Trouble in calculations
From:       "Zabach, Elke" <elke.zabach () sap ! com>
Date:       2006-08-28 12:27:28

 Xavier CAMIER wrote:

> MaxDB 7.6.00.12
>
> Hello,
>
> When executing
> SELECT -(100+50) FROM DBA.MYTABLE
> I get 50 as result.
>
> When executing
> SELECT -(100+50+1) FROM DBA.MYTABLE
> I get 149 as result.
>

> Is there something wrong with the way I use parentheses or is
> this a bug
> ? Has it been corrected in MaxDB further versions ?

Oops, nothing wrong with your usage of parentheses, but something wrong
with out handling if there is a minus-sign in front of it and arithmetic
in it.
It WILL be corrected with the next version after 7.6.02.00.
Thank you for reporting this bug.
Please try to get rid of this combination (in case of constants
calculate
outside the kernel, resp. change to -100-50 and so on).
Sorry for any inconveniences.

Elke
SAP Labs Berlin