List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    RE: Tables read only always after restart on Windows XP
From:       "Kittel, Martin" <martin.kittel () sap ! com>
Date:       2006-07-07 12:18:42

Hi Martin,

>I imported 2 user's data into a maxdb 7.6.0.27 brand new installation.
>I executed a full data backup after importing the users, but whenever
>I restart the computer, the tables are readonly and I have to execute
>another full data backup.

Have you tried shutting the database down and restarting it after having
performed the backup? Setting the tables from read-only to read-write is
not logged and therefore you have to have at least one savepoint written
after the backup has completed to make sure that the information is
stored persistently.

Best wishes,

Martin.