List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    compiling maxdb 7.6.0.16 with gcc 3.4.4
From:       Hermann Mundprecht <hmun () gmx ! net>
Date:       2005-12-31 11:50:16

Hi !

I am currently working on an gentoo ebuild for maxdb 7.6.0.16.
As gentoo developers decided to switch to gcc version 3.4.4 i am also
switching the build process of maxdb to gcc 3.4.4.

For a complete build i had to change the following files:
src/SAPDB/RunTime/System/RTESys_AtomicOperation.c
src/SAPDB/RunTime/Communication/RTEComm_URIBuilder.hpp
src/SAPDB/Interfaces/Runtime/Util/IFRUtil_LinkedList.h
src/SAPDB/ServerTasks/SrvTasks_JobList.hpp
src/SAPDB/DataAccess/Data_ChainSplitSpaceBackwardRead.hpp
src/SAPDB/DataAccess/Data_ChainSplitSpaceForwardRead.hpp

I will of course send the patches as soon as i have a complete build,
but for now i need help with the file RTESys_AtomicOperation.c.

The compiler gives the following errors:
RTESys_AtomicOperation.c fast
RTESys_AtomicOperation.c: In function `RTESys_CmpxchgInt8':
zerstört
RTESys_AtomicOperation.c: In function `RTESys_CmpxchgUInt8':
zerstört

As my assembler programming is a bit rusty (last used on a VAX 18 years
ago) i cannot correct the cause of the error that is in the following
assembler code:

__asm__ __volatile__ (
	"push %%ebx\n\t"
	"movl %3, %%eax\n\t"