List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    RE: INstalling mysql 5.0 fro source
From:       "Koetter, Thomas Theodor" <thomas.theodor.koetter () sap ! com>
Date:       2005-12-22 14:42:30

Hi John

If I understand correctly you try to compile MySQL 5.0.

Unfortunately for you this list is for MaxDB, which is available
by MySQL, but is a different RDBMS.

If you plan to set up a new database, which has to be production
ready, scalable and no planned downtimes, then MaxDB is maybe better
suited than MySQL. MaxDB is maintained and developped by SAP and used
for R/3 and Netweaver, where reliability and performance are key features.

You can find it under
http://www.mysql.com/products/database/maxdb

With kind regards  Thomas

Dr. Thomas Kötter