List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    AW: Accounting + SYSACCOUNT
From:       "Zabach, Elke" <elke.zabach () sap ! com>
Date:       2005-01-27 14:04:21

JUNG, Christian wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Today I found an interesting table:
>
> <DBA>.SYSACCOUNT
>
> It holds some nice information like user name, session ID, CPU time,
> connect
> date & time and so on. But it doesn't contain any records. A quick
search
> on
> google and a deeper look in the documentation did not succeed. I only
> found
> this sentence in the description of "RELEASE":
>
> ---8<---
> If the accounting function in the database system is activated,
> information
> on the session is added to the table SYSACCOUNT.
> ---8<---
>
> Anyway: I found in some documentation for Adabas D, that it is
possible to
> turn on accounting with xcontrol (an Adabas D tool for
administration).
> Was
> this feature removed from SAP DB/MaxDB or is there a way to enable it
via
> SQL-statement or dbmcli?

This feature was removed from MaxDB. The table had to remain a little
bit longer because of tools which may ask for it and then remained a
little bit too long and does not exist any more starting with version
7.6.

For doing account for some tables, triggers may help filling a private
table.

Elke
SAP Labs Berlin