List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    RE: SAPCAR, gtar and the tests
From:       "Dittmar, Daniel" <daniel.dittmar () sap ! com>
Date:       2005-01-25 17:04:17

> I'm trying to build the test suite but I'm failing to construct the tar
> files since SAPCAR is not available on the new platform.
> Replacing with gtar
> (GNU tar) leads to an error because

You can ignore that error for the time being.

The SAPCAR packing is done only so that the resulting files can be copied to another \
machine to be tested in a clean environment. There is no need for it if you want to \
test on the development machine.

The packing is generally done outside of alltest.mac and sqldbctest.mac will probably \
be adjusted to this policy.

Daniel Dittmar

--
Daniel Dittmar