List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    MaxDBProxy
From:       Stephen Collier <stephenc () panavision ! com ! au>
Date:       2004-08-10 6:56:52

Hi,

I'm now trying to set up MaxDB proxy. I am starting it as below

./MaxDBProxy --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/rentaltest.pid --dbname=test

as user mysql

MySQL 4.20 is already installed on the server and MaxDBProxy is the binary
distrubution

it seems to start OK

./MaxDBProxy: ready for connections.
Version: '1.0 ALPHA 2'  socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock'  port: 3306

but calling mysql gives

ERROR 1053: Server shutdown in progress

any suggestions would be appreciated. Does MaxDBProxy also support mysql
MYISAM table types on the same server and could a join be done between a
MYISAM and MaxDB Tables in a sql query?

Stephen Collier