List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    AW: Isolation level 20 or 30
From:       "Zabach, Elke" <elke.zabach () sap ! com>
Date:       2004-08-05 7:12:52

As you will find in the reference manual --> transactions --> isolation level
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/maxdb/en/3e/165072b8d18f47a821ff8e12790034/frameset.htm

and

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/maxdb/en/25/88c45254cc9a40af718aa00700dc5d/frameset.htm

and there you can find that iso level 2/20 has a TEMPORARY table share lock released \
as fast as possible (directly after statement, sometimes not even set, sometimes \
released after closing the cursor needing it) holding row share locks to the end of \
the transaction and iso level 3/30 holds table share locks to the end of the session.

Elke
SAP Labs Berlin