List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    MaxDB with Access Linked Tables
From:       Sim Zacks <sim () compulab ! co ! il>
Date:       2004-05-17 6:40:49

I am trying to convert a project from Access to MaxDB backend with an
Access frontend.

I am having a slight problem with case sensitivity and the Like
predicate. Access won't pass the Upper function through and returns an
error that it is an undefined function. I tried using StrConv, the
Access function and that works for = but not for Like.

I want to do something like Select * from Names where Upper(lastname)
Like 'SMI%'

Does anyone have any thoughts?