List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    RE: JDBC Connection check statement
From:       "Paskamp, Marco" <marco.paskamp () sap ! com>
Date:       2004-05-10 10:39:58

Hi Miro,
I don't really understand why the method isClosed() doesn't work for your purpose. \
However, if you call  "Connection.isClosed()" the driver will send a ping command for \
the current connection. This is exactly the same as evaluating the result of the \
dummy query "Select * from dual", but without the overhead of   parsing a SQL command \
and generating a resultset etc.

> I believe select * from dual will work only if you are connecting in
> oracle mode.
No, "select * from dual" will also work in internal mode.

Regards,
Marco

Marco PASKAMP
SAP DB, Berlin