List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    loadercli 7.5.0.11 fails: File not encoded as encodingUTF8
From:       Thorn Roby <troby () cavion ! com>
Date:       2004-04-30 22:34:09

I'm attempting to restore a database from a dump which I have previously
restored successfully on 7.5.0.8, and which was dumped from a 7.3
system. However, on 7.5.0.11 loadercli fails with the following error:

Error opening file '/restore/r1catalog.dat': File not encoded as
encodingUTF8

I haven't done anything to explicitly set UTF8 encoding. I don't see
anything in the documentation about specifying an encoding type for the
catalog. Here is the contents of the loadercli script:

DBLOAD CATALOG INSTREAM FILE '/restore/r1catalog.dat' DATA INSTREAM FILE
'/restore/r1tables.dat' RECORDS