List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    Re: [SPAM] - cant remove failed instance - Found word(s) remove list
From:       Dusan Kolesar <dusankolesar () szm ! sk>
Date:       2004-04-27 9:11:03

Hello Teguh

first try:
dbmcli -d <dbname> -u <userid>,< password> db_drop

if it is unsuccessful (or you don't remember your password) try this:
Stop the database if it is still running.
"Start" -> "Control Panel" -> "Administrative Tools" -> "Services"
In the list select service with name "SAP DB: <dbname>".
If the process status is "Started" click button stop service on the tool
bar.
Run:
service.exe -d <database name> -R <root> -r
(service.exe is located in the <sapdb_dir>\depend\pgm\ directory)
No entry for this database should now appear in the Services applet.
Remove the working directory and any volumes/devspaces.

I hope it helps.

Regards, Dusan.

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:10:39 +0200, Edo Bezemer <Edo.Bezemer@trivadis.com>
wrote:

> You have performed the second statements as well:
>
> dbmcli -d $SID -u dbm,dbm db_offline
> dbmcli -s -d $SID -u dbm,dbm db_drop
>
> Otherwise try, again.
>
> Or use the free Windows utility Srvinstw.exe to drop Windows Services.
>

> Cheers
>

> Edo

Dusan Kolesar
Helsinska 19