List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    RE: com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.ConnectionException: [-813] Re
From:       "Paskamp, Marco" <marco.paskamp () sap ! com>
Date:       2004-03-31 8:57:00

Hi,
first at all this mailing list is in english, so please don't send your messages in \
german language. Now back to your problem, the error message says that your \
connection is broken.  There are different reasons possible. Very often it is a \
session timeout. If a database connection (session) is inactive for a while (default \
15 minutes) the session will be closed by the database to save resources. You can \
customize the default by setting the database parameter "Session_Timeout". For \
details see: http://www.mysql.com/documentation/maxdb/5f/04a521376fa44a910797138d4ed497/content.htm
 Also you can set the session time as a connect parameter of the jdbc connect URL, \
see: http://www.mysql.com/documentation/maxdb/d7/4cca224f58e24482cc2f2bd626ae4a/content.htm

Normally the jdbc driver will perform an implicit reconnect after a session timeout \
transparent for the application. But if you are within a transaction an implicit \
reconnect is impossible and an exception will be thrown. Due to the fact that you got \
the exception while sending a connect, I asume you are within a connection.  Maybe \
you forgot to commit your transaction?

Hope that helps,
Marco
Marco PASKAMP