List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    Re: where to start the databases?
From:       Simon Matter <simon.matter () ch ! sauter-bc ! com>
Date:       2002-09-25 9:29:16

"Hoetzel, Juergen" schrieb:

> I used to start the database using the initscript /etc/init.d/sapdb on
> redhat-7.1:
>
> $DBMCLI -d TST -u dbm,dbm db_warm> /dev/null &
>
> But after an RPM-Upgrade to the next Version this file is always
> overwritten and only x_server is started on system, the database stays
> offline.
>
> What is the recommended way to bring a database online on System boot?

You may find my init scripts usefull. Find them at
http://home.teleport.ch/simix/RPMS/SAPDB/

The scripts in the RPM are not RedHat like, so they don't work reliable.

My scripts are for RedHat. There is a config file in
/etc/sysconfig/sapdb where you configure which instances you want to
start automatically.
Ex.:

# Instances: [DB]:[user],[password]:[startflag]...
INSTANCES="TST:dbm,dbm:1 MYDB:dbm,dbm:0"

# DB startup sequence
DBSTARTUP="db_clear db_warm"

# DB shutdown sequence
DBSHUTDOWN="db_offline"

HTH
Simon

> Juergen

Simon Matter              Tel:  +41 61 695 57 35
Fr.Sauter AG / CIT        Fax:  +41 61 695 53 30
Im Surinam 55
CH-4016 Basel             [mailto:simon.matter@ch.sauter-bc.com]