List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    ODBC
From:       "JUNG, Christian" <christian.jung () saarstahl ! de>
Date:       2001-11-30 17:21:14

Hi!

Do you test before making a release? I've got a lot of problems with the
ODBC-driver for Windows2k with Office2k. Some time ago, there was a new
release (version 7.3.x) of the ODBC-driver. So I've downloaded and installed
it. Afterwards it was impossible to import a table of a database. So I had
to install the old ODBC-Driver (LiveCache 7.2).

Now I've got the same old problems: Opening a table under Access2k works the
first time, the second it didn't, the third it does, the forth it doesn't
and so on (if the user has got only read-access to the table).

I've sent a mail to this mailing-list, but no one answered. So I decided to
download the sources to apply a patch that Raimund Gruber (thanks to him!)
sent to the mailing-list. After compiling and installing the driver I had
the same problems as with ODBC Version 7.3.x. What's wrong? By the way:
Installation of the sources + DevTools under W2k isn't funny. The
installation-scripts seem to have some bugs with the Registry-communication.

I think that the DBMS SAPDB won't have a glory future, if such errors still
remain in it. It's impossible for me, to tell other people that SAPDB is a
real nice DBMS, when they can't connect their damn Windows-Boxes to it. It's
REALLY impossible.

Please fix those anoying bugs. Maybe it is possible to release beta-versions
of the ODBC-driver. The people need them now!

Greets
Christian Jung