List:       sandesha-dev
Subject:    Re: Improving JAX-WS Performance
From:       Isuru Suriarachchi <isurues () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-11-30 13:39:56

Hi Charith,

+1 for putting some more effort on improving our JAX-WS support. I'll
commit the proper fix to [1] ASAP and that will remove the bottleneck in
the JAX-WS MR. And also there'll be more places at which we can do
improvements to gain even better performance numbers.

Thanks,
~Isuru

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4930

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM, Charith Wickramarachchi <
charith.dhanushka@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Devs ,
>
> JAX-WS is becoming a popular key webservice  development style. While
> supporting its own web-service development/deployment style i think Axis2
> should improve its JAX-WS implementation. I started to profile Axis2 JAX-WS
> implementation having performance improvement in mind and was able to
> isolate a major bottleneck in this flow. (See the attached profile image.)
> Here the bottleneck was AXOM creating a XMLOutput factory per each
> invocation due to a bug in JAXWSMessageReceiver. I submitted a fix for this
> in[1]. And we are currently in the process of discussing on a proper
> solution for that issue.
>
> With this patch i was able to get ~75% performance improvement on Simple
> Echo jax-ws services and ~60% improvement with services with complex types.
>

> With this observation i think if we spend some energy on improving Axis2
> JAX-WS performance we will be able to improve it a lot and
> if we can publish that improved numbers may be with comparisons that will
> add a great value to this project.
>
> So i though of starting a discussion around it to discuss on how to
> improve this and areas we must focus on.
>

> [1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-5203
>
> thanks,
> Charith
>
> --