List:       sandesha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Axis2] Where to start the out messages in the handler flow?
From:       jaliya () opensource ! lk
Date:       2005-12-07 7:39:38

Hi All,

+1 for the idea of applying any policies applicable to services or
operations to the messages that are coming out or going in irrespective of
whether they are for endpoint managers or to the actual services. However I
would like to suggest the following.

If each module (Operating in some phase) sends module specific messages
(such as CreateSequence) only from that phase onwards (not starting from the
beginning of the handler chain) the we can have a cleaner way to implement
modules without depending on each other.

For example, in a scenario where we have RM and WS-Second If we let
RequestSecurityToken(RST) message to pass through the RM handlers, then that
handler should know about the (RST) message, since we need to send errors
for messages that does not have RM headers which try to pass thorough RM
phase.

So IMHO, we should handler all the protocol specific messages at the handler
level and apply QoS that are after the phase where that specific module is
operating. Something as shown in the attached diagram.

Thanks,

Jaliya