List:       samba-vms
Subject:    samba-latest.tar.gz: invalid compressed data--format violated
From:       mgrieco () lemousa ! com
Date:       2000-10-06 23:41:22

Hello Samba tech support,

Why is it that when I copy the tar.gz file to my Digital Unix version 4.0e  and
      become su.

Then try to unpack the gz file.  It doesn't work?    I can unpack the file on my
      NT Workstations but not on Digital Unix ?

HELP?

Below is the message.

command prompt # gunzip samba-latest.tar.gz

Message back:

gunzip: samba-latest.tar.gz: invalid compressed data--format violated

Sincerely,

Michael Grieco