List:       samba-technical
Subject:    Running GPROF on Samba
From:       Richard Schmitt <richard.schmitt () freescale ! com>
Date:       2015-03-01 16:21:51

I've seen some old discussion on profiling but nothing recent.  Is there a =
procedure for running gprof on Samba?  I've added the appropriate flags to =
the Makefiles and do get a gmon.out file but I suspect my issue is that I a=
m not cleanly shutting down Samba when I wish to collect the profile data. =
 Is there a way to cleanly shut down Samba?  Or are there some other sugges=
tions on how to collect gprof data on smbd.

What I really want to get is a call graph when running various benchmarks.

Thanks in advance,
Rich