List:       samba-technical
Subject:    Exposing password hashes to an LDAP client.
From:       brendan powers <brendan0powers () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-03-18 14:50:53

Hi,

I need to integrate with an application that requires access to the
password hashes in Active Directory. The application usually does this
though a filter DLL that exposes a SHA1 hash of the users password as
an LDAP attribute.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I could go about doing this in
samba4? I assume some modification of the password_hash module will be
needed.