List:       samba-docs
Subject:    quoted emails as docs
From:       Anthony David <adavid () adavid ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-01-12 6:28:03

Greetings

I came across some confusing grammar in UNIX_SECURITY.txt, fixed it
up then realised this was a raw quoted email. I don't know what the
policy is regarding emails as doco (it is not good etiquette to ammend
someone's email and then attribute it to them), however I felt the
intent of the message is somewhat obscured by this minor nit.

Here is a patch anyway:-

*** UNIX_SECURITY.txt.old       Wed Apr 26 11:59:04 2000
--- UNIX_SECURITY.txt   Fri Jan 12 17:19:51 2001
***************
*** 7,13 ****

  Subject:      SETTING UNIX FILE SYSTEM SECURITY
! The following excerpt from a bug report demonstrates the need to
  understand Unix file system security and to manage it correctly.

  Quote:
--- 7,13 ----

! The following edited excerpt from a bug report demonstrates the need to
  understand Unix file system security and to manage it correctly.

  Quote:
***************
*** 40,49 ****
  the policies and permissions he or she desires.

  Samba does allow the setup you require when you have set the
! "only user = yes" option on the share, is that you have not set the
! valid users list for the share.

! Note that only user works in conjunction with the users= list,
  so to get the behavior you require, add the line :

  users = %S
  the policies and permissions he or she desires.

  Samba does allow the setup you require when you have set the
! "only user = yes" option on the share. However, the fact is you have

--
Anthony David                          | Save Ferris
Anthony David & Associates Pty Limited | Free Truman