List:       samba-docs
Subject:    Re: T Shell program
From:       Peter Samuelson <peter () cadcamlab ! org>
Date:       2000-07-24 23:37:19

[Steven Hawks <sh151002@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com>]
> Our software vendor has installed a T Shell program on our Sun Server
> running Solaris 2.6

..which has NOTHING to do with Samba...

> Can anyone tell me where I can download this program?
> I would like to install it myself on other Sun servers we have.

I'm guessing what you mean is `tcsh', the TENEX C Shell.  Find it with
archie, which these days can pretty much be reduced to looking on
ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/source/*/. (:

Or just copy the binary from your one Solaris server.  tcsh doesn't
require any auxilliary files so this works.

Or just skip all things csh (my advice) and switch to bash.  There are
now very few things tcsh can do that bash can't do better, and quite a
few things vice versa.

Peter