List:       samba
Subject:    Re: files larger than 192 KB
From:       Alex <alex () avantel ! ca>
Date:       2001-06-30 19:05:36

When I first started with samba, I had a similar problem.  In my case it
turned out to be the NIC.  The NICs on the samba server depended on the
software driver (written only for that "other" OS) to correctly formulate the
packets.  Using the linux drivers (the nic claimed to be ne2000 "compatible")
the packets were not being created correctly.  Took me a long time to finally
figure it out - changed the NICs and the problem disappeared.  It had nothing
to do with samba.

The symptoms were that small files (in my case, less than about 60K) would
cause no problem - everything worked fine.  Larger files always created
problems - and on the W95 PCs, the error messages gave no hint of the real
cause - just like every other MS error message.

But your problem could be different . . . .

Alex Vandenham
Avantel Systems