List:       samba
Subject:    Re: backing up Win2000 w/ tar
From:       Urban Widmark <urban () teststation ! com>
Date:       2001-06-29 19:07:21

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Michael R Hanulec wrote:

> These files listed above are being included w/in my tar archive but these
> error messages are a little alarming.  If anyone has any suggestions on
> why this might be happening I would like to hear them.

A bug in smbfs.

I think you can ignore it. Have you compared the file contents on these
files? I don't think you will see any corruption.

The reason tar is complaining is that the inode info doesn't match.
However, some of that info may be guessed by smbfs, or is changed when
smbfs accesses the files.

This is possibly caused by time roundoff error (dos time resolution is 2
seconds).

/Urban