List:       samba
Subject:    Samba 2.0.7 on HP-UX 11.00 ... %m vs %I
From:       Bernd Nies <bnies () hsr ! ch>
Date:       2001-06-28 6:17:38

Hi,

Recently I substituted the %m macro for the logfile name
with the %I macro to prevent the recently discovered security
hole.

  http://samba.epfl.ch/samba/whatsnew/macroexploit.html

But I discovered that our Samba 2.0.7 version from HP

  CIFS-Development      A.01.05        CIFS/9000 server source code files
  CIFS-Server           A.01.05        CIFS/9000 (Samba) File and Print Services

now crashes every 2 days. Before that modification it ran fine
without causing problems. I switched back to %m and wait for the
new CIFS release from HP.

Is this a known problem?

Regards,
Bernd Nies