List:       samba
Subject:    trouble with smbtar and the dos archive bit set
From:       "Margareta Gerlach" <margareta.gerlach () mrm ! se>
Date:       2000-09-29 9:35:44

I have FreeBSD 3.3 on pc as server and Samba 2.0.3 as File Manager and =
Backup. I've got a problem after several years of no-problem!

The dos archive bit on the files on SOME  of our pc's is not set and =
every nigth when smbtar is performing the incremental backup I will get =
all the files on some pc's. The shares on the pc's are writable!!! Is =
there something with new versions of Win95 or Win98 .... There's no =
problem with the File Manager stuff on those pc's.

Someone out there who has had the same problem??