List:       samba
Subject:    SAMBA digest 472
From:       samba () anu ! edu ! au
Date:       1995-04-19 14:52:00

			    SAMBA Digest 472

Topics covered in this issue include:

  1) internal error report
	by mjones@condor.psych.ucsb.edu (Matt Jones)

Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 10:38:54 -0700
From: mjones@condor.psych.ucsb.edu (Matt Jones)
To: samba@anugpo.anu.edu.au
Subject: internal error report

Andrew,

        Thanks for a great piece of software - I have been successfully
running Samba on SunOS 4.13 for several months and I like it a lot. Our
group is seriously contemplating a move from ~150 PC's running PCNFS to a
full SAMBA implementation if this testing continues to show such good results.

        A recent typo that I made in my smb.conf caused an INTERNAL ERROR
after I sent a HUP to smbd.  The log file said to report the error, so -
consider it reported.  Killing smbd and restarting it solved the problem
(after fixing the typo in smb.conf).  I added the log file section below FYI.

                                        Matt
Excerpt from log file with debug = 1
-------------------------------------
Unknown parameter encountered: "ceate mode"
Ignoring unknown parameter "ceate mode"
INTERNAL ERROR: Got segv processing SMBtrans
Please report this!
Unknown parameter encountered: "ceate mode"
Ignoring unknown parameter "ceate mode"
INTERNAL ERROR: Got segv processing SMBtrans
Please report this!
Unknown parameter encountered: "ceate mode"
Ignoring unknown parameter "ceate mode"
INTERNAL ERROR: Got segv processing SMBtrans
Please report this!
Unknown parameter encountered: "ceate mode"
Ignoring unknown parameter "ceate mode"
INTERNAL ERROR: Got segv processing SMBtrans
Please report this!
Unknown parameter encountered: "ceate mode"
Ignoring unknown parameter "ceate mode"
INTERNAL ERROR: Got segv processing SMBtrans
Please report this!
Got SIGHUP
bind succeeded on port 139