List:       samba
Subject:    [Samba] Installing only specific Samba targets
From:       Sharadh Rajaraman via samba <samba () lists ! samba ! org>
Date:       2024-04-29 15:33:13

Hi,

Is there a way to install only specific targets from the Waf build? I configure and \
build Samba with

make configure --prefix=SOME_PREFIX …
make install —targets=smbd/smbd,testparm

And the resultant install directory does *not* contain `sbin/smbd`. The only way I \
can make this work is by installing everything (i.e. `make install`), and then \
subsequently shell-scripting an ‘install clean' that recursively removes everything \
from the install prefix that's not `sbin/smbd`.

Cheers!

Regards
Sharadh Rajaraman