List:       samba
Subject:    [Samba] Rotating logs on a DC
From:       Perttu Aaltonen via samba <samba () lists ! samba ! org>
Date:       2024-04-24 9:29:01

I'm adding separate logs for audit and auth_audit on a domain controller. How should \
I edit the logrotate configuration? In Debian backports packages there's separate \
directives for log.smbd, log.nmbd, log.winbindd and log.samba which reloads/SIGHUPs \
smbd, nmbd, winbind and samba processes respectively.

Which process should I reload when adding log.audit and log.auth_audit? Or should I \
just move to a unified configuration (log.*) and use ‘copytruncate'? Any best \
practices?

Thanks,
Perttu